ENGLISH for SPEAKERS of OTHER LANGUAGES
Haz un clic aquí Klike isit la
Click here for
Our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program offers low-cost classes for adults who
want to learn to speak, understand, read, and write in English.
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Tuesday and Thursday
6:00 - 9:00 PM
We also offer evening classes off campus at Mulberry High School and Polk State College.
Benefits We Offer
- All teachers have years of experience and are certified to teach.
- We have six levels of ESOL classes. You are placed in a level based on your current ability to read, write, and understand English.
- You do not have to buy books. The school lends them to you.
- We have a city bus stop in front of our school.
- We have a large computer lab for students to have extra help in reading and pronunciation.
- We offer free pre-school for the children (ages 3-5 ) of our students who attend day classes.
- Students who complete a progress test before leaving the program will receive a certificate.
- You can sign up to take the GED exam, in English, Spanish, or French on our campus.
- We help you choose a career path and take the steps to reach your
New Student Information
Orientations for the 2015-2016 school year:
Day classes: Friday, August 21, 2015 at 12:00p.m. and 1:30p.m.
Night classes: Tuesday,
Sept 1, 2015 at 7:00p.m.
We will explain everything you need to know about our program and how to enroll.
Call the ESOL Department for more information:
Telephone: (863) 499-2835
Fax: (863) 499-2727
Email: Lori Cabrera
We are not a foreign exchange program.
Temporary international visitors are not eligible for our program.
Tuition: $30 per semester
Deferred ActionStudying at our school can help you qualify for the Department of Homeland Security's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. For more information, click here.
West Area Adult School and Est Area Adult School received a health literacy grants from Florida Blue. We have been awarded a $5,000 grant for the implementation of a health literacy program to benefit our adult ESOL and family literacy students.